Definition of boron nitride
: any binary compound of boron and nitrogen especially : a fluffy white crystalline powder BN made in various ways (as by the reaction of ammonia and fused boric oxide) and used chiefly as a lubricant and electric insulator
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game