bona notabiliaplural noun
bo·na no·ta·bi·lia | \ ¦bōnəˌnōtəˈbilēə\
Definition of bona notabilia
: the goods of a deceased person held in a diocese other than the one in which the person died, which according to older English probate law required consideration by the courts if of or exceeding the value of five pounds
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?