bois de rose oilnoun
Definition of bois de rose oil
: a colorless to yellow essential oil obtained from bois de rose and used in perfumery and as a source of linalool
— called also Brazilian bois de rose oil, Cayenne linaloe oil, rosewood oil
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game