Definition of bog pine
: a New Zealand evergreen shrub or small tree (Halocarpus bidwillii synonym Dacrydium bidwillii of the family Podocarpaceae) of both wet and dry montane and subalpine regions that has spirally arranged, scalelike leaves, thin, reddish bark, and a berrylike cone with a white, fleshy aril surrounding an elongated dark seed
— called also mountain pine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game