Definition of body slam
- Showing immense strength, Halsey threw his 185-pound opponent on his back a couple of times, setting up his submission with a body slam that drew a gasp from the crowd.
- —John Spencer, Mansfield (Ohio) News Journal, 20 Nov. 2012
- Rebuilding is part of the American spirit. We are not a nation of quitters who turn and run after Mother Nature delivers a body slam.
- —editorial, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 11 Sept. 2005
- … the overall markets, which have taken a full-bore postelection body slam in recent days, starting with the Dow plunging more than 300 points the day following President Barack Obama's victory at the polls.
- —Patrick May, Contra Costa Times (California), 15 Nov. 2012
body-slamtransitive verb, body-slammed; body-slamming; body-slams
- … a game that saw linebacker James Harrison body-slam a Browns fan who ran onto the field.
- —Paul Zimmerman, Sports Illustrated, 15 Sept. 2008