Definition of blueboard
: wallboard that has a surface of light blue paper designed to be covered with a thin coat of plaster after installation Though Home Front could have opted to apply plaster over metal lath for the walls, they went with a common time-saving method instead, hand-troweling plaster over blueboard, a special drywall made for this purpose.— Keith Pandolfi, This Old House, May 2011
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game