Definition of blue devil
2a : a common blue-rayed aster (Aster lowrieanus) of the eastern U.S.
b : blueweed sense 1
3a : either of two Australian percoid fishes (Paraplesiops gigas and P. meleagris) brightly marked with light blue dots
b : a small brilliantly marked blue fish (Pomacentrus fuscus) of the West Indies
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game