Definition of blue devil
2a : a common blue-rayed aster (Aster lowrieanus) of the eastern U.S.
b : blueweed sense 1
3a : either of two Australian percoid fishes (Paraplesiops gigas and P. meleagris) brightly marked with light blue dots
b : a small brilliantly marked blue fish (Pomacentrus fuscus) of the West Indies
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game