Definition of blooze
: blues sense 2 especially : blues as performed by white rock musicians … the brutish white blooze of the early '70s … — David Fricke, Rolling Stone, 2 June 1994 Shepherd's readings of Dylan and Hendrix are energetic enough, but his originals are standard-issue blooze rock … — Marc Weingarten, Entertainment Weekly, 28 Nov. 1997
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game