Definition of blind-bake
- Fill the crust with pie weights (dried rice or beans work fine) and blind-bake the crust until it is just set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- —Emeril Lagasse, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, 2010
- Let the blind-baked tart shell cool partially on a wire rack.
- —Vitaly Paley et al., The Paley’s Place Cookbook, 2008
- If pastry is to have a moist filling, it will probably require partial blind baking to prevent the base becoming soggy.
- —Murdoch Books, The Essential Baking Cookbook, 2005
- Save the beans or rice and use them again for blind baking.
- —Gwen Schoen, Sacramento (California) Bee, 19 July 2006