variants: or God bless you
Definition of bless you
1 —used in speech to express thanks or good wishes "I'll be happy to help in any way I can." "Oh, bless you! That's very kind of you."
2 —said to someone who has just sneezed
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game