Definition of bleeding tooth
: a marine gastropod mollusk (Nerita peloronta) of the Caribbean area having projections resembling teeth reddish about the base on the inner wall of the aperture also : any of several related mollusks some of which lack the colored projections
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game