Definition of bleed (someone/something) dry
: to take or command all of one's resources (as money or energy) Many businesses complain that the new taxes are bleeding them dry. These wars are bleeding the economy dry. computer applications that draw so much power they bleed system resources dry
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game