Definition of black sigatoka
- Banana researchers recently discovered black sigatoka, a disease that attacks banana leaves, on local crops.
- —Ryan Maldonado, Miami Herald, 7 Jan. 1999
- The plants have been genetically modified to resist black sigatoka, a leaf spot disease caused by the fungus Mycosphaerella fijiensis.
- —Anne Dauwers, Nature, 28 June 2007
- Another dark shadow is black sigatoka, a fungus that turns banana leaves black and blocks photosynthesis.
- —David Grimm, Science, 14 Dec. 2008