Definition of black point
: a worldwide disease of wheat and other cereal grains that is caused by various bacteria and fungi especially of the genera Alternaria and Helminthosporium and that blackens the embryo ends of the grains, sometimes impairs germination, and lowers the market value of the grain
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game