bitten by the (activity) bugidiom
Definition of bitten by the (activity) bug
—used figuratively to describe someone as very interested in or excited about something He was bitten by the travel bug.bitten by the gambling bug.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game