bits and piecesplural noun
Definition of bits and pieces
1 : small pieces There were broken bits and pieces of glass all over the floor. I finished the project in bits and pieces during my spare time.
2 : things or objects of different kinds There are just a few bits and pieces of furniture in the office. No one knows exactly what happened. All we have is a few bits and pieces of information so far.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game