bits and piecesplural noun
Definition of bits and pieces
1 : small pieces There were broken bits and pieces of glass all over the floor. I finished the project in bits and pieces during my spare time.
2 : things or objects of different kinds There are just a few bits and pieces of furniture in the office. No one knows exactly what happened. All we have is a few bits and pieces of information so far.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game