Definition of bioinspired
: inspired by or based on biological structures or processes The goal is to improve modeling and simulation of the biological system to attain a better understanding of the wing's critical structural features for use in future bioinspired designs. — Aerospace America, December 2011 Making bioinspired materials has been a popular notion of research for some time, but achieving such complexity through synthetic techniques offers considerable challenges.— David Filmore, Today's Chemist At Work, April 2003
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game