Definition of bioinspired
: inspired by or based on biological structures or processes The goal is to improve modeling and simulation of the biological system to attain a better understanding of the wing's critical structural features for use in future bioinspired designs. — Aerospace America, December 2011 Making bioinspired materials has been a popular notion of research for some time, but achieving such complexity through synthetic techniques offers considerable challenges.— David Filmore, Today's Chemist At Work, April 2003
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game