Definition of bikeable
1 : suitable or fit for biking America's capital is gaining a reputation as a bikeable city …— John Kelly, Washington Post, 5 May 2011 At the same time, we are making historic investments in high-speed rail, transit, and walkable, bikeable streets so that people can choose to drive less …— Ray LaHood, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 19 Apr. 2011
2 : capable of being traversed by biking … half the working population in the country commutes 5 or fewer miles—an easily bikeable distance—to work. — Union Leader (Manchester, New Hampshire), 9 May 2008 … the downtown Riverwalk will be bikable, and some change has come, like a bike lane added to busy Nebraska Avenue.— Sue Carlton, St. Petersburg (Florida) Times, 17 Sept. 2010 You likely have a few places you frequent that are well within bikable distance.— Selene Yeager, Ride Your Way Lean, 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game