Definition of bikeable
- America's capital is gaining a reputation as a bikeable city …
- —John Kelly, Washington Post, 5 May 2011
- At the same time, we are making historic investments in high-speed rail, transit, and walkable, bikeable streets so that people can choose to drive less …
- —Ray LaHood, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 19 Apr. 2011
- … half the working population in the country commutes 5 or fewer miles—an easily bikeable distance—to work.
- —Union Leader (Manchester, New Hampshire), 9 May 2008
- … the downtown Riverwalk will be bikable, and some change has come, like a bike lane added to busy Nebraska Avenue.
- —Sue Carlton, St. Petersburg (Florida) Times, 17 Sept. 2010
- You likely have a few places you frequent that are well within bikable distance.
- —Selene Yeager, Ride Your Way Lean, 2010
- … he wants to make his city a national leader in bikeability.
- —Brian Fiske, Bicycling, June 2008