Definition of bicontinental
: of, relating to, or living or working on two continents (such as Europe and North America) … one of the Soviet Union's leading physicists … faced a most modern dilemma—how to balance the needs of his new two-career, bicontinental marriage to Susan Eisenhower, granddaughter of Ike. — Science, 15 June 1990 He claimed to have grown up in a sophisticated, bicontinental family …— Alice Echols, Scars of Sweet Paradise: The Life and Times of Janis Joplin, 2000
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game