ber·thol·lide | \ ˈbər-thə-ˌlīd; (ˌ)bər-ˈthä-ˌlīd, -ləd\
Definition of berthollide
: a solid chemical compound (such as some metallic hydrides and the tungsten bronzes) that does not conform to the law of definite proportions : a nonstoichiometric compound —distinguished from daltonide
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?