ber·thol·lide | \ ˈbər-thə-ˌlīd; (ˌ)bər-ˈthä-ˌlīd, -ləd\
Definition of berthollide
: a solid chemical compound (such as some metallic hydrides and the tungsten bronzes) that does not conform to the law of definite proportions : a nonstoichiometric compound —distinguished from daltonide
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?