Definition of berobed
: wearing a robe … a few berobed Franciscan friars handing out protest leaflets.— Richard Zoglin, Time, 5 Oct. 1998 … Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist appeared as a berobed outsider to preside at the Senate trial …— Francis X. Clines, New York Times, 8 Jan. 1999
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?