Definition of berbere
: a blend of powdered spices including red chili pepper that is used in Ethiopian cooking … market places in Ethiopia … where again one encounters … excruciatingly hot berbere, the spiced dried powder without which no Ethiopian cook could prepare a meal.— A. D. Krikorian, The Quarterly Review Of Biology, September 1996
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game