Definition of below-the-fold
: located below the fold on the front page of a broadsheet newspaper He says some local stories that would have been natural Page One leads … are now given below-the-fold or inside treatment …— Joe Strupp, Editor & Publisher, 22 Oct. 2001 below-the-fold news They had already discussed how they were going to handle the Gomez trial—a below-the-fold story on the front page with a single photo. The trial was continuing tomorrow, so it didn't deserve better play yet.— Christine Barber, The Replacement Child: A Mystery, 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game