Definition of bellflower
(Entry 1 of 2)
: any of a genus (Campanula of the family Campanulaceae, the bellflower family) of widely cultivated herbs having alternate leaves and usually showy bell-shaped flowers
Definition of Bellflower (Entry 2 of 2)
city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles population 76,616
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?