Definition of belittling
- a set of belittling stereotypes
- "I think it might embarrass Stuart to hear mice mentioned in such a belittling manner."
- —E. B. White
- Nisbett's attitude is far from belittling toward Eastern cultures.
- —Christopher Shea
- There was … a certain loftiness and sweetness that rebuked your belittling criticisms and stilled them.
- —Mark Twain
- … she is secretly carrying on a love affair with her mousy first cousin, belittlingly known to the family as Little Charles …
- —Charles Isherwood