Definition of begrimed
: made dirty or grimy : covered with grime The images in the newspaper and magazine photographs and on the television evening news programs were the begrimed and haggard faces of Marines in peril.— Neil Sheehan … a dismal collection of black, begrimed old pictures, rotting from their frames …— Wilkie Collins
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game