Definition of bed sharing
- Now the practice of bed sharing appears to be coming back into favor again—and a close look at the science suggests that the context in which parents do it, and the choices they make beforehand, matter a lot in terms of safety.
- —Melinda Wenner Moyer, Slate, 8 Mar. 2012
- Despite a push to alert parents to the dangers of bed-sharing with newborns, the number of babies dying from the practice has steadily increased since 2005.
- —Kathleen Lucadamo, Daily News (New York), 21 Apr. 2009
- More and more parents are sleeping next to their infants—the percentage of bed-sharing babies has more than doubled in recent years …
- —Karen Springen, Newsweek, 27 Jan. 2003