variants: or bed sharing
Definition of bed-sharing
: the practice of sleeping in the same bed with one's child Now the practice of bed sharing appears to be coming back into favor again—and a close look at the science suggests that the context in which parents do it, and the choices they make beforehand, matter a lot in terms of safety.— Melinda Wenner Moyer More and more parents are sleeping next to their infants—the percentage of bed-sharing babies has more than doubled in recent years …— Karen Springen — compare co-sleeping
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?