Definition of bearded dragon
: any of various Australian agamid lizards (genus Pogona synonym Amphibolurus) having spiny scales and an expandable pouch below the throat and including some (such as P. vitticeps and P. barbata) kept as pets
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game