be spoken foridiom
Definition of be spoken for
: to not be available because of already being claimed by someone else or in a relationship with someone else I'm sorry. This seat is spoken for. I can't go out with you; I'm already spoken for.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game