be going toidiom
Definition of be going to
—used to talk about what will happen or could happen It's going to be cold tomorrow.It's going to rain: if you don't take an umbrella, you're going to get soaked.I am not going to tolerate any more bad behavior!I was just going to call him.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game