be curtains foridiom
Definition of be curtains for
: to be the end, failure, or death of (someone or something) It looks like it's curtains for the mayor after this election. If they don't win today's game, it'll be/mean/spell curtains for their hopes of winning the championship.
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game