ba·ve·nite | \ bə-ˈvē-ˌnīt, -ˈvā-\
Definition of bavenite
: a mineral Ca4BeAl2Si9O24(OH)2 consisting of a basic calcium beryllium aluminosilicate, belonging to the zeolite group, and occurring in radiated groups of white fibrous crystals (hardness 5.5, specific gravity 2.7)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game