Definition of base course
1a : the first or lowest course of a wall (as of a foundation wall or of the wall of a building above the basement)
b : the bottom layer of material laid down in the construction of a pavement
2 of a ship : a straight-line course the destroyer turned back to base course
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?