plural barra also barras
Definition of barra
: barramundi sense 1 Many of [the rivers] are full of barra, a favorite game fish, whose firm white flesh is reminiscent of fresh water bass.— Malabar Hornblower, New York Times, 9 Feb. 1997 Boats anchor around the bridge pylons day and night, depending on the tides, and some quality barra have been caught. — Harry Bligh, Sunday Mail (Queensland, Australia), 24 Feb. 2013
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game