plural barra also barras
Definition of barra
: barramundi sense 1 Many of [the rivers] are full of barra, a favorite game fish, whose firm white flesh is reminiscent of fresh water bass.— Malabar Hornblower, New York Times, 9 Feb. 1997 Boats anchor around the bridge pylons day and night, depending on the tides, and some quality barra have been caught. — Harry Bligh, Sunday Mail (Queensland, Australia), 24 Feb. 2013
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game