banged out; banging out; bangs out
Definition of bang out
: to produce (something) in a quick or hurried manner typists banging out copy He was only 40 when he fulfilled the common newsman's dream of hitting it big with the novel he'd been banging out between deadlines.— Thomas Mallon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game