Love words? You must — there are over 200,000 words in our free online dictionary, but you are looking for one that’s only in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary.
Start your free trial today and get unlimited access to America's largest dictionary, with:
- More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary
- Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes
- Advanced search features
- Ad free!
Origin and Etymology of banda
Definition of banda
- He told me that the banda had visited the United States already in 1948 to play in Los Angeles on the Fourth of July, American Independence Day.
- —Helena Simonett, Banda, 2001
- While regional Mexican music incorporates other traditional styles, banda is unique in its energizing percussive power and commanding horns.
- —Billboard, 15 Nov. 2003
Learn More about banda
Spanish Central: Translation of banda
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up banda? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).