bal·let·go·er | \ ba-ˈlā-ˌgō-ər, ˈba-ˌlā-\
plural balletgoers or ballet-goers
Definition of balletgoer
: a person who attends a ballet Balletgoers are seeing, in effect, an entirely new company and finding new Kirov dancers to admire for their bold stage presences and refined ballet classicism.— Jennifer Dunning, New York Times, 14 July 1989
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game