Definition of bakeable
1 : capable of being baked : suitable for baking They call themselves the “Holy Rollers,” a small group of women with an important job: rolling cookie dough into a thin, bakeable layer. — Madeline Stone, South Bend Tribune (Indiana), 13 Nov. 2012
2 : capable of withstanding high temperatures bakeable packaging … this bakeable negative thermal plate supports run lengths up to 300,000 impressions. — American Printer, 20 May 2010
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game