Definition of back-ordered
: ordered for purchase or delivery but not yet available : placed on back order a list of back-ordered merchandise The LX450 is back-ordered at many Lexus dealers.— Michael Shnayerson She looked for generic brands of the medicine, but found they were back-ordered or unavailable for purchase.— Kara Driscoll
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game