Definition of avo
(Entry 1 of 2)
: avocado … the … corn tortilla was smeared so thick in hand-mashed avo that I was able to hold it up vertically and no toppings moved.— Ali Weiss Personally, I love avocado, and if you time it just right so your avo is perfectly ripe, the flavor you know and love is going to shine through.— Julia Guerra —often used before another noun avo seasonavo hummusAs the story goes, avocado toast—or avo toast for those who speak hipster—first appeared on an actual menu in 1993 in Sydney, Australia.— Vince Press
Definition of avo (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game