Definition of avo
(Entry 1 of 2)
: avocado … the … corn tortilla was smeared so thick in hand-mashed avo that I was able to hold it up vertically and no toppings moved.— Ali Weiss Personally, I love avocado, and if you time it just right so your avo is perfectly ripe, the flavor you know and love is going to shine through.— Julia Guerra —often used before another noun avo seasonavo hummusAs the story goes, avocado toast—or avo toast for those who speak hipster—first appeared on an actual menu in 1993 in Sydney, Australia.— Vince Press
Definition of avo (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game