Definition of autothermal
: of, relating to, or being a reaction that creates synthesis gas using only the heat produced by the reaction itself One of the major advantages of thermophilic digestion (anaerobic and aerobic) is the ability to operate the digester under autothermal conditions. The biogas produced can be used as a heat source for the digester and to generate power.— T. Amani et al., Environmental Reviews, December 2010
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game