Definition of autopen
- Today autograph collecting is a growing avocation, enlivened by a renewed interest in musical manuscripts and scores and a fad for the rather rare letters of show-business figures. It is complicated by the autopen, which allows public figures to sign dozens of documents at one time …
- —Jeffrey Simpson, Architectural Digest, December 1988
- The machines sign letters at about the same pace as does the human hand. An autopen machine that automatically signs a stack of documents can spit out roughly 500 signatures an hour; those with manual document feeders, about 200 an hour.
- —Nancy Benac, Associated Press, 27 June 2011
- Everyone knows senators don't sign the vast majority of their letters; an autopen does that.
- —Larry Pressler, New York Times, 23 Jan. 2000