Definition of autonomize
- … over time some systems of rules become autonomized as legal systems.
- —Michael Kaern et al., Georg Simmell and Contemporary Sociology, 1990
- … the present regime has deregulated and autonomized the financial institutions which is a hallmark towards economic revival.
- —Pakistan Newswire, 10 Apr. 2002
autonomizationalso British autonomisation play \ȯ-ˌtä-nə-mə-ˈzā-shən, -ˌmī-ˈzā-\ noun
- The autonomization of the economy is a moral problem, as is the autonomization of morality.
- —Peter Koslowski, Ethics of Capitalism, 1996