au·di·phone | \ ˈȯdəˌfōn\
Definition of audiphone
: an instrument consisting of a diaphragm or plate that is placed against the teeth and conveys sound vibrations to the inner ear enabling persons with certain types of deafness to hear more or less distinctly
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game