at one's own perilidiom
Definition of at one's own peril
: with full understanding that what one is doing is dangerous and that one is responsible for one's own safety : at one's own risk No lifeguard is on duty: swim at your own peril.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game