as·to·mous | \ ˈastəməs\
Definition of astomous
1 : astomatal
2 : having a capsule that bursts irregularly and is not dehiscent by an operculum —used of certain mosses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game