Definition of assure oneself
: to make oneself sure or certain about something He tried opening the door to assure himself that it was locked. They managed to be third in line, assuring themselves of good seats for the concert.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game