as·car·i·dole | \ əˈskarəˌdōl\
variants: or less commonly ascaridol \ -ˌdȯl , -ōl \
Definition of ascaridole
: a liquid terpenoid peroxide C10H16O2 constituting the active anthelmintic and toxic principle of chenopodium oil, made by addition of oxygen to alpha-terpinene, and used as a catalyst in promoting polymerization reactions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?