as good as it getsidiom
Definition of as good as it gets
1 —used to say that nothing better is possible or available It's not a great restaurant, but in this part of the city, it's as good as it gets.
2 —used to say that something is very good and cannot be improved There's nothing I enjoy more than spending time at home with my family. That's as good as it gets.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game